Shaping the play-doh has the following impacts on the development of the child:
- increases tactile sensitivity, improves sensory skills to perceive the shape, weight, texture, color.
- forms thinking, stimulates imagination;
- develops fine motor skills, which in turn takes an active part in the development of speech, influences the coordination of movements, trains memory and helps the child to think logically;
- helps to synchronize actions with both hands;
- leads to the strengthening of the connection between the hemispheres of the brain, thereby developing attention;
- aesthetic taste develops;
- through modeling, a child can express his emotions in a convenient way.
It is best to begin to training with small paintings depicting simple objects. Play-doh contributes, first of all, to relieve muscle tension and relax, develops children's imagination, artistic and spatial thinking, awakens imagination, encourages preschoolers to independent thinking.